It is with a heavy heart we have to announce the cancellation of our 2020 Richmond Heavies Foundation (RHF) Sporting Lunch, planned for Friday 18th September 2020.
While this should not be a surprise, we have been formally waiting on our venue partner, the Grand Connaught Rooms, to confirm their position. We have also spoken to a number of you informally and the collective view was holding a big Lunch – however much fun we know it’ll be – in a crowded indoor space in central London just feels inappropriate at present.
We have continued to be active during lockdown and here is a brief update of what we’ve been up to:
· In recognition of the difficulties faced by everyone during these extraordinary times, we expanded the coverage of our mental wellbeing programme to all club members and engaged in an in-depth awareness and communication programme.
· We organised the Richmond Rugby 2.6 Challenge at the end of April where we engaged 400 members of the Richmond Rugby community and raised over £7,000 for the mental health charity, Mind.
· We have offered our support to several families within our community who have had sudden bereavements.
· We have launched a RHF Heart Defibrillator Fund to supply defibrillators to community rugby clubs nationwide who cannot afford this life saving item.
· We have secured provisional dates for our ongoing heart screening commitments which will continue as soon as we are able.
Like a large number of small charitable organisations, a lack of fundraising revenue may impact our future plans and we are currently looking at some fun fundraising alternatives – watch this space – and we hope to be in touch soon.
In the meantime, we hope you and your family are safe and well and we thank you again for your continued support.