Foundation Update – April 2019
Please find below a brief update of what we have been up to.
We have been working to put in place a fully funded cardiac screening programme for all relevant (age 14+) playing and coaching members of Richmond FC.
SENIOR MEN + WOMEN
Heart screening for 100 senior players at Richmond FC on Saturday 20th July 2019.
Follow-up session for 50 players on Tuesday 13th August 2019.
YOUTH (U14 up)
Heart screening day for 100 Youth players on Sunday 24th November 2019.
HEAVIES + COACHES
Given the different screening requirements of over 35s, all players and coaches have access to a tailored lifestyle and screening programme at New Victoria Hospital in Kingston. Via individual appointments.
We have established a portfolio of screening partners, which enables us to offer a flexible screening solution to suit the needs of all playing and coaching members of Richmond FC.
We have established a screening working party including representatives from different sections of the Club – senior male & female, youth & medical department.
TO BOOK ONE OF THESE LIMITED NUMBER OF PLACES PLEASE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are close to creating a mental health support system which will provide access to 24/7 confidential counselling for all playing and coaching members of Richmond FC.
- We have created an annual sporting bursary for all of the children of Stephen Fairn.
- We are working with and supporting The Ian Williams Foundation on their key initiatives.
- We have created the ‘Stewart Barlow Bursary’ scheme to provide several bursaries (free membership) for the Community side of the Club to use.
- We continue to engage with the Board of Richmond FC to ensure we are working in partnership with their goals and mission.
- We continue to operate under the charitable status of rugby charity, The Atlas Foundation (Charity No: 1161179).
- We have finalised our articles and the detailed paperwork required.
- We had a Foundation Awareness Day at the Club on Saturday 30th March.
- We are talking to other community rugby clubs & local schools, who may benefit from some of the plans we have in place, who are not able to replicate our plans.
- We have also confirmed a second Fundraising Lunch for Friday September 20th 2019.
- It is at the same venue (Grand Connaught Rooms, WC2) and will entail a similar structure of good fun, good speakers & good value as last year.
- More details can be found on our Events page.